It’s been 16 weeks since I last wrote. A lifetime (or two) has gone by. I hereby commit myself to writing many more mini-posts, instead of writing long summaries of life every few months!
But first, here’s the last one, to tell you what I’ve been doing! (you know I couldn’t just stop writing sagas, right?)
Since December 8, my last post (which happened to be my son’s 3rd birthday), I have:
- seen (Emmy award winning costume designer) David Zyla in person
- re-vamped my wardrobe and Pinterest boards for style
- began to run for fitness for basically the first time ever, with garishly-colored Vibrams I bought in a Black Friday online sale
- started an online fitness program for healing/treating diastasis recti (Mutu)
- lost 20 pounds and 2 sizes, and gained a lot of muscle
- participated in my first ever 5K run/walk by Chick-fil-A for Young Life, with a new friend
- been sewing more and more for payment, including an Elsa-inspired prom dress and dresses for a Civil War ball on March 1! There were at least 5 dresses and corsets being worn that I had sewn from scratch (from the bolt?), and more that I had done alterations to. (That was a very crazy, busy time.)
- discovered I am a completely different person than I thought I was. A completely different personality. I am unsure how this is affecting my behavior as of yet, and if it is, whether this is good or bad!
- received a gorgeous ring from my husband for our 15th Valentine’s Day together! Sure, I found it and put it on the wish list….but he bought it and gave it to me! It looks nearly like the first engagement ring, that was lost years ago.
- FINALLY gotten my hair cut. I think that’s the longest it’s been between professional hair cuts (7 months) in my adult life.
- discovered the magic of mineral makeup (thank you, sister-in-law)
- discovered that with my new direction in personality and style, my musical preferences have taken a new direction, unfortunately not represented in the Christian music sphere as of yet, so far as I can tell : /
I would love to expand on any of these topics for those interested. I don’t expect much response given my horrendous post rate, but I can hope. <3
P.S. I will definitely be writing a series on my Zyla experience. Not official (‘1 of 3’, etc..), but there is a lot to say on the subject, and my whole life has been affected by it.